Here are a few resources you might find helpful: guided compassion meditation, podcasts/interviews, and best selling book.
Amazon Bestselling Book:
“Amy Colvin offers a crisp, readable, actionable roadmap to a more thoughtful, compassionate, happier you. A gem of a book and a powerful way to start each morning.”
— Laszlo Bock, former SVP of People Operations at Google and author of Work Rules!
You’ve heard mindfulness or compassion meditation might help, but you’re not sure where to start. You’re already busy enough, and carving out more time to sit still doesn’t seem like an option.
If you find sitting still to meditate is difficult, or you think you’re not “doing it right” because your mind isn’t still, or if you find distractions every time you think about meditating, this book is for you.
Cultivating Compassion: Simple Everyday Practices for Discovering Peace of Mind and Resilience is for:
– Healthcare providers who feel fulfilled by serving others but experience compassion fatigue because they have no energy remaining for self-care.
– Busy executives looking for ways to improve their leadership skills.
– Parents or concerned adults who want to share the message and value of kindness with the youth around them, teaching teens how to feel comfortable in their own skin without tearing down others in the process.
In this book you’ll find 66:
– Inspirational themes to help you explore concepts around acceptance and compassion for self and others
– Self-reflection questions to help you contemplate deeply held beliefs, help you shift perspective, and help you break out of old patterns
– Informal practices to help you integrate kindness and non-judgement into daily life which in turn help develop peace of mind and resilience.
Cultivating Compassion shows you how to develop peace of mind and resilience through easy to follow practical tools and techniques. You don’t have to put the rest of your life on hold to create significant change. Start living a life filled with peace of mind and resilience today.
Podcasts & Interviews:
FACES of Pain Care – Episode 4 – Cultivating Compassion with Amy Colvin
Life Through the Eyes of a Smile – EP010: Meet Mrs. Compassionate Balance – Amy Colvin: Amy is changing the world through self-acceptance, self-appreciation and compassion for self and others.
Coach Kiomi – Cultivating Compassion with Amy Colvin
Visit the Compassionate Balance YouTube channel for more meditations, and subscribe to receive meditations as they come online.